Total Defense Celebrates First Year Achievements
First Year Track Record Includes Innovation, Key Partnerships and Operational Success Industry Accolades Include "Fastest Growing Paid Anti-Malware Solution in North America"Redwood Shores, Calif., August 3, 2012 --
Total Defense, Inc., the leading provider of solutions to combat the growing threat of cybercrime, today announced the conclusion of its first year of operation with many significant achievements.
"In summary, we hit the ball out of the park in several critical areas," said Paul Lipman, CEO of Total Defense. "We completed our divestiture from CA Technologies and built a standalone company with a recognized new brand. We partnered with some of the world’s leading distributors and retailers and we launched several innovative products and services. I am proud to see these achievements are giving us increased recognition in the marketplace as a new industry leader."
Successful Launch - In the last year, Total Defense emerged from CA Technologies, designed and built its own global brand, brought its’ core R&D function back in-house and established operational centers in New York, Silicon Valley, Israel, and Europe. These centers facilitated the growth of the company’s professional staff to over 100 employees.
Key Partnerships - Total Defense announced and grew a number of strategic retail partnerships including Systemax, whose North American businesses include TigerDirect.com, CompUSA and CircuitCity.com as well as hhgregg, PC Richard & Son and Aarons. Total Defense also developed key distribution partnerships with Ingram Micro, Tech Data and Synnex.
Market Innovation - Total Defense drove innovation in the marketplace through new technology offering, sales models and a key acquisition.
- After launching Total Defense Cloud Security in May, 2012 - an integrated cloud based SaaS (Security as a Service) solution for Web and email protection, the company acquired iSheriff, a pioneering leader in Cloud Security Solutions.
- In May, 2012, Total Defense changed the game in consumer security offerings by releasing Total Defense "Unlimited," the first and only consumer security solution to provide protection for an unlimited number of devices for an unlimited number of users in the same household, all for a low monthly cost.
- In July, 2012, Total Defense released a comprehensive mobile SaaS security solution for businesses that includes mobile device security, device management and control.
The market reception to the Company’s new offerings has been gratifying. A June 2012 independent customer service survey conducted by The NPD Group yielded an 88% customer satisfaction rate for Total Defense Unlimited, one of the highest in the industry.
Increasing Market Recognition - Along with its new offerings, Total Defense also achieved a number of significant acclamations including:
- Named to CRN list of the 10 Coolest Security Startups of 2012
- Continued to lead the industry with more VB100 awards than any other company in the world
- Named the fastest growing paid anti-virus solution in North America by OPSWAT - quadrupling its market share in just six months and outpacing many of its competitors including McAfee, Trend Micro and Kaspersky
- Recognized as fastest growing US consumer retail vendor in anti-virus and overall security software by The NPD Group
- Awarded a 2012 Global Excellence Award in the Anti-Malware, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Software categories by Info Products Guide
- Named an "Emerging Player" in the Info-Tech Research Group's Vendor Landscape report on "Endpoint Anti-Malware" solutions
- Recognized by West Coast Lab’s Checkmark Platinum Product Award for Internet Security Suite
- Long Island Software Awards (LISA) 2012 Awards Recipient for Software Achievement
- Total Defense Internet Security Suite named to "25 Hot Security Products to Watch" by CRN
Total Defense remains committed to its association with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), Caring for Our Kids program. Donations now exceed $900,000. This partnership also produced a successful webinar hosted by John Walsh of America’s Most Wanted, called "Cybercrime, A Guide for Parents."
"Customers are looking for a new approach to security and cybercrime to protect their most critical asset, their data," said Chris Hickey, President of Total Defense. "We will meet that challenge and we are off to a terrific start. But the best is yet to come!"
For more information about the award-winning line of Total Defense products, please visit: www.totaldefense.com.
About Total Defense
Total Defense, the leading provider of solutions to combat the growing threat of cybercrime, protects over 40,000 businesses and over 4 million consumers from the growing epidemic of cybercrime and malware. We provide multiple layers of digital security through desktop, mobile device, web gateway and cloud based solutions. We go "beyond protection" by ensuring our customers receive the level of service and support they require in an ever changing threat landscape. Total Defense is a former business of CA Technologies, one of the largest information technology companies in the world. Our major centers of operation are in New York, Silicon Valley, Israel, and Europe.
Gutenberg Communications for Total Defense
Stefanie Cannon, 408-827-4361